About Million Women Mentors
Million Women Mentors is a national movement with the goal of providing one million Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) mentoring relationships to girls and women, helping them to choose, persist and succeed in STEM programs and careers. MWM is an initiative of STEMconnector in collaboration with over 85 national partners, 60 corporate sponsors, and 39 state teams.
- Through the engagement of one million mentors, our goals are to:
- Increase the percentage of U.S. high school girls planning to pursue STEM careers.
- Increase the percentage of U.S. young women pursuing undergraduate degrees in STEM fields.
- Increase the percentage of U.S. women in STEM careers.
Million Women Mentors Will
- Lead a national call to action for corporations to join MWM and capture metrics around mentoring girls and young women in STEM.
- Provide an automated, scalable and easy-to-use platform to eliminate barriers and facilitate large numbers of STEM professionals (male and female) with tools to become effective mentors, in partnership with over 60 national organizations reaching over 30 million girls.
- Match participating corporations to scaled non-profit partners and educational institutions in need of STEM mentors and role models.
- Build and support state teams to execute MWM at the local level.
- Recognize best practices and “who is doing what” in mentoring girls (middle school through careers) in STEM.
How Companies Can Get Involved
Pledge to Mentor – Show your commitment to mentor by making a pledge through our online portal and engage in outcome tracking through a customized link for your organization.
Sponsor – Help build the movement by joining the Leadership Council which focuses on: technology; communications and branding; partnership strategy; state networks; and federal and global strategies, among others. Benefits include: thought leadership, branding visibility/development and customized mentorship consulting.
What Pledging Means
By logging onto www.MillionWomenMentors.org and clicking “Pledge to Mentor”, individuals, organizations, and companies are entering the process and becoming one of the “million” mentors. Through this agreement with MWM, a commitment is made to mentor a girls in STEM for 20 hours out of the year. Through this mentorship process, along with your help, MWM hopes to provide the information necessary to help girls and young women persist and succeed in STEM programs and careers.
The Five Pathways to Mentor:
- Face to Face
- Paid Internships
- Workplace Mentorship
To find more visit: www.MillionWomenMentors.org