The STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Higher Education Council (SHEC) is a leadership forum of public and private colleges and corporations intently focused on STEM education and careers. SHEC envisions being the national catalyst for meeting the educational and training needs of the global STEM workforce, and educating the scientists, technologists, and innovators needed for a vibrant economy. SHEC serves as a forum for leaders in higher education and industry to work collaboratively to address strategies for STEM education and workforce preparedness and to promote partnerships that lead to employability for students seeking STEM careers.
The STEM Higher Education Council’s mission is to bring focused energy to Higher Education’s leading high impact practices using our unique membership model of colleges, universities and industry partners.
Scaling STEM Success Summit:
The Good News in STEM
Scaling STEM Success Summit will be held at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. on November 9, 2016. This Summit is for thought leaders committed to preparing the nation’s best-educated, most competitive STEM workforce through compelling relationships, collaboration and shared goals. At this unique forum, STEM stakeholders from business and higher education partners will provide best practices for aligning higher education with industry needs. With the goal of meeting the nation’s demand for STEM graduates, participants will share best- in-class STEM learning examples.
Join us as we address some of the key practices in higher education strengthening the STEM ecosystem through themes including:
- Building A Vibrant STEM Community through Experiential Learning
- Unlocking the Full Potential of STEM Higher Education Research
- Cultivating College and Career Ready Graduates
- Advancing an All-Inclusive STEM Economy
- Driving STEM Innovation through Business and Higher Education Collaboration
- Disrupting STEM Education through Instructional Excellence
NRCCUA will present data analytics of myCollegeOptions®, the nation’s most comprehensive student database.
A SHEC special report, Scaling STEM Success: Nurturing and Retaining STEM Talent, will also be highlighted, showcasing our SHEC members’ efforts towards equipping students for the STEM workforce, best practices, and features an online component.
- Position the Scaling STEM Success Summit as the signature event for discussions surrounding strengthening the STEM ecosystem.
- Showcase participating SHEC members and strategic partners as thought leaders who actively engage in building the STEM workforce.
- Identify and outline key practices in higher education.
- Highlight effective best practices for the alignment of higher education and industry.
- Facilitate high-‐leveled discussions, knowledge sharing, and networking amongst representatives of higher education, business, government, and non-profit entities.
- Utilize STEMconnector® channels, targeted publications, and social media strength to connect with a broad range of stakeholders.