Excelsior College, formerly Regents College, was founded in 1971 and has remained dedicated to providing innovative educational options for working adults. With over 140,000 graduates we serve thousands of people just like you in a way that fits your life best. We understand the need for a delicate balance between work, family, or military service and the desire to learn more and to be more.
Our affordable, flexible, high-quality online degree programs span more than 30 disciplines. Whether you are new to the college experience or looking to put the finishing touches on a degree you started years ago, Excelsior is the perfect place to get the accredited education you need to move forward.
Excelsior has been educating non-traditional students, working adults, and military servicemembers for more than 40 years, providing comprehensive degree and certificate programs and flexible distance learning and online options.Our history of success speaks to our vision for the future: using the best technologies, practices, and people to deliver rigorous, meaningful degree and certificate programs that give you an edge in the most in-demand industries, from health care to criminal justice to information technology and more.
Be challenged, be supported, be fulfilled. Join Excelsior’s diverse, vibrant, collaborative community of dedicated educators and fellow students and get more than you expect.
What you know is more important than where or how you learned it.®
Excelsior College provides educational opportunity to adult learners with an emphasis on those historically underrepresented in higher education. The College meets students where they are — academically and geographically, offering quality instruction and the assessment of learning.
Excelsior College aspires to be a model university for the 21st Century. Excelsior will:
- be a provider of choice for those who pursue their educational goals in a flexible, individualized manner,
- continue to serve as a cost-effective stimulus for lifelong learning and individual achievement, advocating the assessment of prior learning and aggregation of credit,
- be recognized as an ideal academic collaborator and as a valuable partner in addressing societal and workforce needs.
Excelsior College contributes to creating and maintaining a diverse, educated society by valuing:
- lifelong learning as a pursuit
- innovation as a source of improvement
- flexibility as a means of service delivery
- excellence as the path to success
- integrity, honesty, and caring as the basis for lasting relationships