USA Science Engineering Festival
Known as the “Super Bowl of STEM”, the USA Science & Engineering Festival is the nation’s largest celebration of science and engineering. Founded by the late Larry Bock, the mission of the USA Science & Engineering Festival is to stimulate and sustain the interest of our nation’s youth in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) by producing and presenting the most compelling, exciting, and educational Festival in the world. The Festival is coordinated by Science Spark, a non-profit science outreach organization funded through corporate sponsorships, government grants, and private donations.
The Festival hosts year-round educational events and culminates with a free biennial Expo Finale. The Expo Finale, presented by Lockheed Martin, features thousands of hands-on STEM activities from hundreds of organizations and exciting science stage shows. The 5th USA Science & Engineering Festival Expo Finale, set for April 7-8, 2018, will once again take over the entire Washington, D.C. Convention Center. Over 350,000 people from all over the country are expected to attend.
Leading up to the Expo Finale, the Festival presents educational outreach events and programs such as the X-STEM Symposium and the Nifty Fifty Program. The X-STEM Symposium, sponsored in 2017 by the U.S. Department of Defense, is TED-style conference for kids that is held every year in Washington, D.C. X-STEM includes interactive presentations from some of the most inspiring names in STEM and takes place this year on April 28. The Nifty Fifty are a group of noted STEM leaders who visit schools across the Mid-Atlantic.
Education & Workforce Development
The USA Science & Engineering Festival is committed to STEM education and workforce development. By providing the most compelling and educational STEM event in the country, the Festival’s mission is to stimulate the interest of STEM in our nation’s youth.
We Will Accomplish Our Mission By:
- Gaining recognition as THE nation’s STEM festival and serving as an example of success for national and international organizations who have similar missions.
- Celebrating STEM through stellar, multi-faceted programs with high entertainment value and integrity of scientific content, that is accessible to the general public.
- Addressing the importance of STEM knowledge and skills in all careers and everyday life.
- Appealing to a large, diverse audience of all ages and backgrounds, from professionals, novices and science enthusiasts to toddlers, grandparents and the merely curious.
- Engaging the greatest ambassadors in STEM to serve as role models to inspire the next generation.
- Involving the most dynamic leaders in business, technology, government, education and culture to support and engage in our mission.
- Building the nation’s largest network of individuals, institutions, corporations and organizations with similar focus, resulting in increased collaboration between the scientific and educational communities.
- Spreading our message through powerful media partnerships and an effective communications strategy, resulting in increased public awareness of the importance of STEM in our lives.
- Sustaining the Festival’s impact through year-round programming and curriculum development.
- Produce and distribute a content-rich, interactive website and drive the Festival’s active social media community.
- Creating a Festival program template to facilitate the development of satellite festivals throughout the United States.
- Nurturing student leaders to serve as ambassadors for the Festival and encouraging their assistance in continuing to keep Festival content relevant to our target audience.
- Committing to provide educational and inspirational programming to the general public at little to no charge in order to engage the largest possible audience, including underserved populations.