Four TownHall Conference Calls per year are scheduled for leaders in the STEM community. The objective of these calls is to convene thought leaders, key voices from across the stakeholder community to present perspectives from industry, government, education and non-profits working on these issues. The TownHall conference calls convene high-level decision-makers within organizations across the public, private, academic and non-profit sectors with the aim of informing and connecting stakeholders by establishing common goals and patterns of excellence.
Town Halls are being Scheduled on Results, Digital Learning, Innovation, 100 Women Leaders in STEM and Entrepreneurship in STEM. Town Halls have been held on STEM Jobs, Workforce Planning, Diversity and Women and Girls. Contact Ted.Wells@STEMconnector.org
Register now for next week's Online Town Hall, hosted by Google+ Hangouts On-Air, Innovative Models in Teacher Professional Development on January 28, 2015, from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM ET!
Teachers are on the front line of the national effort to increase participation in STEM fields. Supporting them professionally is critical to ensuring they have access to the most current teaching research, methodologies and technology. Therefore, increasing awareness of and access to high quality professional development opportunities is a priority in our nation's goal of ensuring that all students receive high quality STEM education.
This Virtual Town Hall will shed light on programs whose goal is to provide in-service teachers with dynamic professional development opportunities both in-person and online. The program will provide an overview of national trends followed by dynamic examples of innovative programs. Viewers can watch live on YouTube and ask questions through the event site or on Twitter using the hashtag #STEMpd.
- Congressman Paul Tonko (D-NY), @RepPaulTonko
- Phyllis Buchanan,DuPont,@DuPont_News
- Alissa Smith, National Association of Agricultural Educators,@NAAE
- Rick Morales, Freescale Semiconductor, @Freescale with Mimi Lufkin, National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity, @NAPEquity
- Dr. Phil Schmidt, Western Governors University, @WGU
- Ben Owens, Hope Street Group, @HopeStreetGroup
- Kristin Townsend, Verizon Foundation, @VerizonGiving with Naomi Harm, International Society for Technology in Education, @ISTEConnects
- Alyson Mike, New Teacher Center, @newteacherctr
- Maya Lundhagen, 100Kin10, @100Kin10
- Dr. Colleen Megowan-Romanowicz, American Modeling Teachers Association, @AMTATeachers
Please join us next week for a Google+ Hangout On-Air on January 28 from 2:00-3:30pm ET. The Hangout will be viewable on our site at STEMconnector.org/townhall. We will also hold a chat via Twitter and Google+ using the hashtag #STEMpd. If you have any questions, contact Brian Jackson at Brian.Jackson@STEMconnector.org.
100Kin10 - PowerPoint Presentation
American Modeling Teachers Association - PowerPoint Presentation
Hope Street Group - Teacher Fellowships
Hope Street Group - PowerPoint Presentation
National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity - Professional Development
New Teacher Center - eMentoring for Student Success
New Teacher Center Partner - Ask a Mentor
- State and City Strategies for Implementing Computer Science Education | December 10, 2014
- The Maker Movement: Milestones and Momentum | November 12, 2014
- Innovative Partnerships in Higher Education town Hall: A preview of the SHEC Book | June 11, 2014
- STEMconnector® ASTC Town Hall | May 14, 2014
- STEM 2.0: Elevating Essential Career Capabilities for Tomorrow’s STEM Workforce | April 8, 2014
- STEM Competitions: A Closer Look | January 16, 2014
- Computer Science Education Putting Policy and Practice Together | December 12, 2013
- The Maker Movement & STEM Education: Connections and Challenges | November 20, 2013
- 100 CEO Leaders in STEM | September 25, 2013
- Field Report: STEM Schools in Action | August 20, 2013
- Promising Practices for Industry Engagement in STEM Schools | July 30, 2013
- Federal and State Resources to Support STEM Schools | July 9, 2013
- 100 Women Leaders in STEM | March 6, 2013
- Official Launch of National STEM Students & STEM Jobs Report | January 30, 2013
- EdTech Digital & Distance Learning | November 28, 2012
- STEM Results: Ensuring the Impact of Our Programs | October 2, 2012
- Workforce Planning to Fill the STEM Jobs Pipeline | May 5, 2012