Four TownHall Conference Calls per year are scheduled for leaders in the STEM community. The objective of these calls is to convene thought leaders, key voices from across the stakeholder community to present perspectives from industry, government, education and non-profits working on these issues. The TownHall conference calls convene high-level decision-makers within organizations across the public, private, academic and non-profit sectors with the aim of informing and connecting stakeholders by establishing common goals and patterns of excellence.
Town Halls are being Scheduled on Results, Digital Learning, Innovation, 100 Women Leaders in STEM and Entrepreneurship in STEM. Town Halls have been held on STEM Jobs, Workforce Planning, Diversity and Women and Girls. Contact Ted.Wells@STEMconnector.org
Make sure to register for our upcoming Online Town Hall, hosted by Google+ Hangouts On-Air, State Strategies for Computer Science Education on December 10, 2014, from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM ET!
As we approach our 3rd anniversary at STEMconnector®, leaps and bounds have been made in the fields of computer science education. Join us as we examine specific strategies for improving and increasing computer science in specific states. We'll also examine how this work is detailed in a new, online-accessible white paper from Tata Consultancy Services, "Creating Digital Fluency, State by State, City by City".
Learn about this promising field in education with the following panelists:
Tata Consultancy Services- Balaji Ganapathy, Head, Workforce Effectiveness, and Caitlin Olson, Corporate Social Responsibility Program Manager, STEM Initiatives
Code.org - Cameron Wilson
NYC Department of Education - Michael Preston, Senior Director of Digital Learning
Massachusetts Department of Higher Education - Christine Williams, Director of Economic and Workforce Development, and Allison Scheff, Executive Director of STEM
Delaware Department of Education - April McCrae, Education Associate-Science Assessment/State STEM Coordinator
University of Utah - Jim De Saint Germain, Director of Undergraduate Studies Associate Professor, School of Computing
You can view the Town Hall here or through the STEMconnector Google+ page on December 10, 2014 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM ET. Remember to join in the conversation on Twitter and Google+ with #CSEd2C.
- The Maker Movement: Milestones and Momentum | November 12, 2014
- STEM Higher Education Council Town Hall | June 11, 2014
- STEMconnector® ASTC Town Hall | May 14, 2014
- STEM 2.0: Elevating Essential Career Capabilities for Tomorrow’s STEM Workforce | April 8, 2014
- STEM Competitions: A Closer Look | January 16, 2014
- Computer Science Education Putting Policy and Practice Together | December 12, 2013
- The Maker Movement & STEM Education: Connections and Challenges | November 20, 2013
- 100 CEO Leaders in STEM | September 25, 2013
- Field Report: STEM Schools in Action | August 20, 2013
- Promising Practices for Industry Engagement in STEM Schools | July 30, 2013
- Federal and State Resources to Support STEM Schools | July 9, 2013
- 100 Women Leaders in STEM | March 6, 2013
- Official Launch of National STEM Students & STEM Jobs Report | January 30, 2013
- EdTech Digital & Distance Learning | November 28, 2012
- STEM Results: Ensuring the Impact of Our Programs | October 2, 2012
- Workforce Planning to Fill the STEM Jobs Pipeline | May 5, 2012